Call (256) 515-4320 now!
Too Fat? Sick And Tired Of Being Sick And Tired?
Not all carbohydrate foods are created equal, in fact they behave quite differently in our bodies. The glycemic index or GI describes this difference by ranking carbohydrates according to their effect on our blood glucose levels. Choosing low GI carbs – the ones that produce only small fluctuations in our blood glucose and insulin levels – is the secret to long-term health reducing your risk of heart disease and diabetes and is the key to sustainable weight loss.
Eating a lot of high GI foods can be detrimental to your health because it pushes your body to extremes. This is especially true if you are overweight and sedentary. Switching to eating mainly low GI carbs that slowly trickle glucose into your blood stream keeps your energy levels balanced and means you won’t feel hungry between meals. Our Lifestyle program will change the way you think about eating and exercise. For most of our patients, the program :
· Helps people lose and manage weight
· Will increase the body’s sensitivity to insulin
· Improves diabetes management
· Reduces the risk of heart disease
· Improves blood cholesterol levels
· Reduces hunger between meals
· Prolongs physical endurance
· Help re-fuel carbohydrate stores after exercise
Call today to get in the program. We’ll be glad to discuss how you can start a new beginning, a new lifestyle that can help you live a healthier life.